Medicare Part D
ATTENTION C AND O EMPLOYEES’ HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION MEDICARE MEMBERSHIP WITH PART D PRESCRIPTION DRUG COVERAGE (PLAN SEVEN)
SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Effective January 1, 2018, we have contracted with Navitus MedicareRx to administer your Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan. Soon you will be receiving the following information from Navitus MedicareRx:
- First Mailing: Letter notifying you of the change in Medicare Part D Prescription Plans and a 2018 Summary of Benefits
- Second Mailing: Welcome Letter
- Third Mailing: Pair of new ID cards (to be used starting January 1, 2018)
- Fourth Mailing: Welcome Packet containing 2018 Evidence of Coverage, Pharmacy Directory and Formulary
You will also receive a letter confirming your disenrollment from the C and O Employees’ Hospital Association Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan, which will remove you from this Plan after December 31, 2017.
NO ACTION ON YOUR PART IS REQUIRED TO CONTINUE THIS ENROLLMENT UNDER THE NAVITUS MEDICARERX PART D PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN. YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ENROLLED.
PLEASE BE ADVISED YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE C AND O EMPLOYEES’ HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION IS STILL INTACT. YOUR MONTHLY PREMIUMS WILL CONTINUE TO BE PAID TO THE C AND O EMPLOYEES’ HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION FOR YOUR MEDICARE SUPPLEMENTAL AND PART D PRESCRIPTION DRUG COVERAGE.
If you don’t want to be enrolled in the Navitus MedicareRx Part D Prescription Drug Plan, please contact us during your Open Enrollment Period of October 30 through November 13, 2017. Due to the change in your Part D Plan, you are granted a two-month Special Enrollment Period during which you may select other Medicare Part D coverage. However, if you have not had prescription drug coverage that is at least as good as Medicare’s drug coverage for 63 days or more, you will be required to pay a lifetime Part D late enrollment penalty. Please keep in mind that if you wish to opt out of this new drug plan, you are still eligible for coverage under the C and O Employees’ Hospital Association for your Medicare Supplemental Parts A and B (hospital and medical) coverage under Plan Ten.
Here are some important things to remember:
- Continue to use your current COEHA Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Card through December 31, 2017. Your new Part D Plan does not start until January 1, 2018.
- Your premium, deductible and copayments will remain the same.
- Once you receive the Navitus MedicareRx Welcome Packet, you should review the formulary to confirm coverage of your medication.
Navitus MedicareRx Plan was awarded a five out of five "Overall Star Rating" by Medicare for Plan Year 2017. We already have a great partnership with Navitus Health Solutions under our current Medicare Part D Prescription Plan and we look forward to our continuing partnership.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-679-9135 or locally at 862-5728. Thank you for your membership and support of the C and O Employees’ Hospital Association.